Looking for the best email marketing services?
Email marketing is still one of the best ways to grow your business. It’s both affordable and effective. And you can create automated campaigns that sell even the most “boring” product like hot cakes.
But there are SO many email marketing services out there. Which one’s the best for you? Before you buy a service, you have to know if they’re worth your time and money. Are they easy to use? What kind of campaigns can you create? How much does it cost? Is it a proven product?
We went through a bunch of services to answer these questions so that you don’t have to.
In this article, we’re going to shortlist some of the best email marketing services in the world. Then, we’re going to give our absolute favorite.
Sounds good? Let’s dive in.
Why Choosing The Best Email Marketing Service is Important
Email marketing is easy to manage, gives you full control over marketing, and allows you to establish direct contact with your customers. While this is really great, there’s also a lot riding on each email you send. A lot of your success with email marketing depends entirely on your email marketing software because they ensure that your emails get delivered.
In short: You could end up paying a lot more money for fewer features and terrible email deliverability rates.
If you’re not 100% convinced about email marketing yet, you should check out our article on push notifications vs email marketing statistics.
What to Look for in a Good Email Marketing Tool
There are so many email marketing tools and services out there. So, how did we get to this specific list of plugins? What qualifies as one of the best email marketing services?
We made our choices for this list based on:
- Ease of use: Is the solution beginner-friendly, or does it require some previous knowledge and expertise?
- Welcome Sequence: Can you create an automated sequence of welcome messages using the plugin?
- Web Triggers: Can you trigger autoresponders from events such as form submission, popup click-throughs, or abandoned carts?
- List Segmentation: Can you segment your customers into smaller lists for more targeted marketing?
- Alerts: Can you schedule messages to notify the subscribers of new products, price drops, and back-in-stock alerts?
- Personalization: Can you personalize the message using advanced settings and attributes?
- Special Offers: Can you automatically send special offers such as birthday gifts and anniversary presents?
- A/B Testing: Can you split test different versions of your messages to boost conversions?
- Follow-ups: Can you create custom workflows based on how they interact with previous emails?
- Analytics: Do you get a built-in analytics dashboard to track the performance of your campaigns?
Most importantly, a good email service provider ensures that your email campaigns do not end up in the spam folder. If your WordPress email autoresponders are ending up in spam folders, you should also check out how to configure WordPress SMTP.
The Best Email Marketing Services in 2022
Now that we know why you should get one of the best email marketing services instead of some random, cheap service, it’s time to check out the list. We’re going to dive into the best email marketing services in the market based on our research. And then, we’ll tell you our top recommendation.
Let’s get started.
#1. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is the best email marketing service to set up autoresponders for your business. It’s super easy to use and offers tons of automation features to improve your email campaigns.
Here’s what makes Constant Contact such a great choice for setting up email autoresponders:
- Easy drag and drop builder to create emails
- Hundreds of pre-designed email templates
- Welcome messages, birthday offers and abandoned cart autoresponders
- List building tools and signup forms to grow your audience
- Split testing for targeted emails
- Integrations with CRMs and third-party services
- Excellent support via live chat and phone
Not to mention, Constant Contact has a forms plugin for WordPress that you can use to collect leads and nurture with autoresponders.
Get started with Constant Contact!
Drip is a top-tier email marketing platform for eCommerce businesses that are looking to scale. Drip is not the email automation service we recommend if you’re just starting out. Most of the advanced features are seriously powerful, including tagging and dynamic segmentation. And if you’re ready to turn your email list into a money-making machine, then you should get Drip.
You get built-in tools for customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. So, it’s a great fit for even the most complex sales processes.
Here’s a quick look at the top features you get from Drip:
- Visual email and workflow builder
- Welcome email series and other drip campaigns
- Customization subscription forms
- Post-purchase email automation
- A/B testing for email optimization
SendinBlue is also one of the best email marketing services. You can use SendinBlue to send automated emails and SMS campaigns alike.
You can easily create triggers for your autoresponders, such as welcome messages, cart abandonment recovery messages, price drop alerts, and more! Here’s a quick overview of why SendinBlue is a top choice on this list:
- User-friendly email editor
- Option to create landing pages
- SMS marketing and live chat features
- Integrates email list opt-in forms on your site
- Automated emails for targeted contacts
- Social media integration
MailPoet is a simple but powerful email marketing service that helps you send automated emails from your WordPress site. It also handles email deliverability issues in WordPress.
You can use MailPoet to send newsletters or create autoresponders for blogs and online stores. At the same time, you can use it as a WordPress SMTP plugin.
The great thing about MailPoet is that it also has very powerful WooCommerce integrations. So, you can send targeted and automated emails such as cart abandonment emails and browse abandonment emails right out of the box.
Here’s what makes MailPoet one of the best email marketing services for WordPress:
- Drag and drop email builder
- Built-in list management and segmentation
- High email delivery and open rates
- Automatically removes inactive contacts
ConvertKit is another of the best email marketing services. It comes with top-tier email marketing features for creators and bloggers. The plugin works seamlessly with WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
You can automate your marketing funnels by creating custom triggers and workflows for your email campaigns. But most importantly, ConvertKit helps you create a personalized experience for all your customers.
We think it’s super cool because it comes with:
- Easy-to-use interface and email builder
- Powerful email and sales funnels
- Segmentation and targeting rules
- Automation workflow builder
- Integration with marketing services
The only thing that’s off-putting about ConvertKit is how limited the free version is. But the paid plans are extremely powerful.
MailerLite is a powerful email marketing tool for bloggers and small businesses. It comes with tons of email marketing and automation features to grow your business.
MailerLite also comes with a powerful landing page builder and a website builder. You can also create triggered email campaigns right from the instant a new email address enters your list. And if you’re selling digital products, you can also use MailerLite’s payment options. Check out some of the top highlights of the software suite:
- Advanced workflow builder to automate email campaigns
- Segmentation and tagging features
- Highly-converting subscribe forms
- Stats and reporting dashboard
- A/B testing to see which email performs better
- Seamless WooCommerce and WordPress integration
AWeber is a popular email marketing service provider. It’s also one of the best autoresponder plugins for WordPress.
What makes AWeber so special is its flexibility. Its features are meant to support a wide range of businesses in varying stages of growth. The free version is perfect for anyone new to email marketing. You don’t get a ton of automation options with the free versions. But you can send out RSS emails. You also get a great drag-and-drop email builder with tons of pre-designed templates.
Also, if you’re using Canva to design your emails, AWeber has an integration that allows you to import that design.
You can also create landing pages, push notifications, and forms with AWeber. And if you’re selling a product, it has powerful eCommerce integrations as well.
Here’s a quick look at the top features:
- Professional-looking email templates
- Options to personalize your emails
- Automated email campaigns to recover abandoned carts and upsell products
- eCommerce autoresponders
- Landing page builder
- Advanced reporting to track clicks, opens, and sales
Which of the Best Email Marketing Services is Right for You?
It’s time for us to declare which of these best email marketing services is the perfect fit for you.
Hands down, the very best service for high-growth businesses is Constant Contact. It has all the features you need, comes with flexible pricing, and it’s super easy to use. You can also focus on the most important metrics. to grow your business right from the analytics dashboard.
Our recommendation is also to diversify your autoresponders. By diversifying, you can grow even faster, and your business doesn’t rely on a single channel. If you’re also looking to diversify and get started with push notifications, you should use PushEngage.
Push notifications are powerful marketing tools that can help you get repeat traffic, engagement, and sales. If you’re new to push notifications, check out these epic resources:
- 7 Smart Strategies to Boost Customer Engagement
- How to Get More Traffic to Your WordPress Blog (9 Easy Ways)
- How to Boost Your Web Push Notification Opt-In Rate (7 Ways)
And if you haven’t already, get started with PushEngage today to get to the next level!